GOOD FOR THE PLANET
Here is how we are committed to environmental proctection
- Energy conservation (gas, water, electricity, etc)
- Use of energy-saving light bulbs throughout the hotel
- Use of solar panels supplying 100,000 kW/year to heat water (equivalent to the consumption of 1400 10W LED bulbs lit continuously for one year)
- Use of teleheating, reducing CO2 emissions linked to the supply and operation of traditional heating. Teleheating also allows the re-use of energy produced by combustion linked to the sorting of waste
- Recycling programme and sorting of waste throughout the hotel: paper, glass, PET, used oils, waste food, batteries, etc.
- Programme to re-use towels and bed linen
- The logo “Before printing, think of the environment” on all our emails
- Reduction of printouts and printers throughout the hotel
- Use of FSC certified paper (label guaranteeing responsible production and use of forestry products)
- Measured use of biodegradable cleaning products
- Certified under the « Ambassadeur du Terroir Genevois » label, which focuses on the use of local products (meat, fruit, wine, etc)
- HACCP certification (HACCP is a system which identifies, evaluates and controls significant hazards relating to food safety)
- Training and awareness-raising of our employees in a range of actions to promote environmental protection
Small things can make a big difference
Our hotel is sensitive to environmental commitment and sustainability.
With the IHG Green Engage program, we implemented real measures to reduce our impact on the environment and our carbon footprint. Here is how you can help us :
Towels on the floor means: please replace them.
Towels on the towel rail means: I will use them again.
Your bed linen will be changed on the 3rd day of your stay unless if you request to change it on a daily basis.
RECYCLING GLASS – PET AND PAPER AND ALUMINIUM
Please leave your PET, glass bottles and aluminium cans on the desk and we will recycle them. There is a paper recycling bin on each floor.